Webonline Uncapped ADSL Options
Uncapped ADSL Packages
In an ever-changing industry we at WebOnline pride ourselves on keeping abreast of the latest innovations, and to this end we are proud to present our latest offering - Affordable Uncapped ADSL!
This product is geared towards home users who require a basic service for surfing the web, emailing and instant messaging without worrying about their cap.
While this is a shaped service and your P2P and newsgroup connections will be a little slower than your full line speed, this offer is still too good to be true.
Below are the Uncapped ADSL packages we offer. To make use of one of these packages you will first need an ADSL enabled telephone land-line from Telkom, as well as an ADSL modem or router.
These prices are subject to change and are dependent on the pricing structure employed by the relevant service providers.
- We have no control over the product's performance.
- The bandwidth throughput will vary dramatically and may be substantially less than your line speed.
- We continue to recommend our standard capped accounts should you require solid performance.
- There is no pro rata billing the in first month. You will be billed the full price, even if the account is activated on the last day of the month.
|Account Info:||1 Mbps Uncapped||2 Mbps Uncapped||4 Mbps Uncapped||8 Mbps Uncapped||10 Mbps Uncapped|
There are no setup fees involved.
This is the amount you will pay for your account every month.
This is the provider through which your traffic will be routed.
This is the amount of bandwidth allocated to your account on a monthly basis.
These are the payment methods you will be able to make use of to pay your account every month.
This is a recurring monthly service. There is a minimum 3 month contract period after which you may cancel with one calendar months notice.
We offer telephonic support during office hours.
We offer email support via a reliable ticket system which tracks all emails sent to us.
Statistics are available online via our connection manager.
Connect from multiple locations simultaneously on the same account.
Automatically assigned to ensure trouble-free connection.
|Local & International Access
You will be able to browse both local and international websites.
Higher priority is assigned to web browsing and email to ensure a better quality of service.
|1. Pricing applicable on new orders from 09/05/2016.|
Please note the special Terms & Conditions that apply to this uncapped service:
Thank you for reading the Acceptable Use Policy (AUP). By accessing this website, or by contracting with us for service, you agree, without limitation or qualification, to be bound by this policy and the terms and conditions it contains, as well as any other additional terms, conditions, rules or policies which are displayed to you in connection with this service/website.
The purpose of this AUP is to comply with the relevant laws of the Republic; to specify to clients and users of our service/website what activities and online behaviour are considered an unacceptable use of the service/website; to protect the integrity of our network and to specify the consequences that may flow from undertaking such prohibited activities.
This document contains a number of legal obligations which you are presumed to be familiar with. As such, we encourage you to read this document thoroughly and direct any queries to our client services department via an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We respect the rights of our clients and users of our services to freedom of speech and expression; access to information; privacy; human dignity; religion, belief and opinion in accordance with our constitution. We undertake not to interfere with any of those rights unless required to do so by law; unless those rights are exercised for unlawful purposes; or unless the exercise of those rights threatens to cause harm to another person or affect the integrity of our network.
The services/website may only be used for lawful purposes and activities. We prohibit any use of our website/network including the transmission, storage and distribution of any material or content using our network that violates any law or regulation of the Republic.
- Any violation of local and international laws prohibiting child pornography; obscenity; discrimination (including racial, gender or religious slurs) and hate speech; or speech designed to incite violence or hatred, or threats to cause bodily harm.
- Any activity designed to defame, abuse, stalk, harass or physically threaten any individual in the Republic or beyond its borders; including any attempt to link to, post, transmit or otherwise distribute any inappropriate or defamatory material.
- Any violation of Intellectual Property laws including materials protected by local and international copyright, trademarks and trade secrets. Moreover WebOnline and its providers cannot be held liable if you make any unlawful use of any multimedia content accessed through the search facility provided by the network, or otherwise available through access to our network, whether for commercial or noncommercial purposes.
- Any violation of the individual's right to privacy, including any effort to collect personal data of third parties without their consent.
- Any fraudulent activity whatsoever, including dubious financial practices, such as pyramid schemes; the impersonation of another subscriber without their consent; or any attempt to enter into a transaction with WebOnline on behalf of another subscriber without their consent.
- Any violation of the exchange control laws of the Republic.
- Any activity that results in the sale, transmission or distribution of pirated or illegal software.
- Failing to respond to a request by a recipient of unsolicited mail to be removed from any mailing or direct marketing list and continuing to send unsolicited mail following such a request for removal. Where any user resides outside of the Republic, permanently or temporarily, such user will be subject to the laws of the country in which s/he is currently resident and which apply. On presentation of a legal order to do so, or under obligation through an order for mutual foreign legal assistance, WebOnline or its provider Axxess will assist foreign law enforcement agencies (LEA) in the investigation and prosecution of a crime committed using WebOnline or its provider Axxess's resources, including the provisioning of all personal identifiable data.
The following sections outline activities that are considered an unacceptable use of Company's services/network/website and also detail the guidelines for acceptable use of certain facilities/services, as the case may be.
Threats to Network Security
Any activity which threatens the functioning, security and/or integrity of WebOnline or its provider Axxess's network is unacceptable.
- Any efforts to attempt to gain unlawful and unauthorised access to the network or circumvent any of the security measures established by WebOnline or its provider Axxess for this goal;
- Any effort to use WebOnline or its provider Axxess's equipment to circumvent the user authentication or security of any host, network or account ("cracking" or "hacking");
- Forging of any TCP-IP packet header (spoofing) or any part of the header information in an email or a newsgroup posting;
- Any effort to breach or attempt to breach the security of another user or attempt to gain access to any other person's computer, software, or data without the knowledge and consent of such person;
- Any activity which threatens to disrupt the service offered by WebOnline or its provider Axxess through "denial of service attacks", flooding of a network, or overloading a service or any unauthorised probes ("scanning" or "nuking") of others' networks;
- Any activity which in any way threatens the security of the network by knowingly posting, transmitting, linking to or otherwise distributing any information or software which contains a virus; Trojan horse; worm, lock, mail bomb, cancelbot or other harmful, destructive or disruptive component.
- Any unauthorised monitoring of data or traffic on the network without WebOnline or its provider Axxess's explicit, written consent.
- Any unsolicited mass mailing activity including direct marketing; spam and chain letters for commercial or other purposes, without the consent of the recipients of those mails.
Public Space & Third Party Content & sites
In reading this AUP or in signing a service contract with WebOnline, you acknowledge that WebOnline has no power to control the content of the information passing over the Internet and its applications, including e-mail; chatrooms; news groups; or other similar fora, and that WebOnline cannot be held responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any of the above mentioned content, in any way for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of, or in connection with your use of, or reliance on, any such content.
Our services also offer access to numerous third party webpages. You acknowledge that we exercise absolutely no control over such third party content, or sites and in such cases, our network is merely a conduit or means of access and transmission. This includes, but is not limited to, third party content contained on or accessible through the WebOnline or Axxess network websites and web pages or sites displayed as search results or contained within a directory of links on the WebOnline or Axxess network. It remains your responsibility to review and evaluate any such content, and that any and all risk associated with the use of, or reliance on, such content rests with you.
Access to public Internet spaces, such as bulletin boards, Usenet groups, chat rooms and moderated forums is entirely voluntary and at your own risk.
Our employees do not moderate any of these services, or your communications, transmissions or use of these services. We do not undertake any responsibility for any content contained therein, or for any breaches of your right to privacy that you may experience as a result of accessing such spaces.
The client is responsible for determining and familiarizing himself or herself with the written policies of a given newsgroup before posting to it.
The client must comply with these guidelines at all times which can be obtained from other users of the newsgroup upon request, or from the group's administrators/moderators.
The following are prohibited practices with regard to Usenet newsgroups and WebOnline or its provider Axxess reserves the right to delete and/or cancel posts which violate the following conditions:
- Excessive cross-posting of the same article to multiple newsgroups.
- Posting of irrelevant or off-topic material to newsgroups (also known as USENET spam).
- Posting binaries to a non-binary newsgroup.
- Posting adverts, solicitations, or any other commercial messages unless the guidelines of the newsgroup in question explicitly permit them.
We does not monitor nor control the content that is available or unavailable via newsgroup and/or usenet services. The services offered by us in respect to usenet services is merely a convenience to our clients to make the use of the service more convenient. We accepts no liability and has no control over the content that may or may not be available, including, but not limited to, pornography, illegally obtained movies, applications and music.
Unsolicited, Spam and Junk mail
Spam and unsolicited bulk mail are highly problematic practices. They affect the use and enjoyment of services by others and often compromise network security. WebOnline or its provider Axxess will take swift and firm action against any user engaging in any of the following unacceptable practices:
- Sending unsolicited bulk mail for marketing or any other purposes (political, religious or commercial) to people who have not consented to receiving such mail;
- Operating or maintaining mailing lists without the express permission of all recipients listed;
- Failing to promptly remove from lists invalid or undeliverable addresses or addresses of unwilling recipients;
- Using our service to collect responses from unsolicited e-mail sent from accounts on other Internet hosts or e-mail services, that violate this AUP or the AUP of any other Internet service provider;
- Including our name in the header or by listing an IP address that belongs to WebOnline or its provider Axxess in any unsolicited email sent through WebOnline or its provider Axxess's network or not;
- Failure to secure a client's mail server against public relay as a protection to themselves and the broader Internet community.
It is our goal to protect the integrity of our network, in order to provide the best possible internet experience for all of our clients using all Uncapped services and as such we reserve the right to manage uncapped users who are deemed to be causing an unusually large burden on the network. We are committed to managing our network in a way that allows us to provide all users with the best experience possible, however we cannot guarantee that the allocated capacity will always be available.
Home Uncapped / Premium Uncapped ADSL
The Axxess Protocol Manager is used to provide all uncapped users on our network with the best possible internet experience. During peak network times, we give priority to real time services (such as browsing, email, streaming etc), high bandwidth services such as NNTP, Peer-to-Peer and Torrents (and similar but not limited to) will receive less priority. Clients deemed to be continuously uploading/downloading or using the service for unattended automated processes will be managed by the Axxess Protocol Manager. The Axxess Protocol Manager may be used to manage clients by rate limiting (slowing down speed) and limiting or preventing service using specific protocols or ports. We reserve the right to use the Axxess Protocol Manager to manage the integrity of our network should network capacity not be available at any time, we assure our clients that we will do this in a responsible manner should the need arise.
Any user that is found attempting to bypass or circumvent the Axxess Protocol Manager will be suspended and could have their service cancelled.
Home Uncapped services are best suited for average home users with little to no high bandwidth services such as NNTP, Peer-to-Peer and Torrents (and similar but not limited to). Premium Uncapped servicess are better suited to more advanced users, and are managed proactively by the Axxess Protocol Manager.
This is an uncapped service that is prioritised for Business Users based on available network capacity where high priority is required for typical business protocols. Business protocols such as VOIP, Terminal Services, Web Browsing and Email are unshaped. Clients deemed to be continuously uploading/downloading or using the service for unattended automated processes or non-typical business protocols (such as but not limited to NNTP, Peer-to-Peer, Https Downloading and Torrents) will be managed by the Axxess Protocol Manager. The Axxess Protocol Manager may be used to manage clients by rate limiting (slowing down speed) and limiting or preventing service using specific protocols or ports. Axxess reserves the right, to at its discretion manage non typical business protocols such as but not limited to NNTP, Peer-to-Peer, Https Downloading and Torrents and/or rate limit service speed. We reserve the right to use the Axxess Protocol Manager to manage services in order to protect the integrity of our network according to the available network capacity, we assure our clients that we will do this in a responsible manner should the need arise.
Any user that is found attempting to bypass or circumvent the Axxess Protocol Manager will be suspended and could have their service cancelled.
Protection of Minors
WebOnline or its provider Axxess prohibits clients from using WebOnline or its provider Axxess's service to harm or attempt to harm a minor, including, but not limited to, by hosting, possessing, disseminating, distributing or transmitting material that is unlawful, including child pornography.
Privacy and Confidentiality
Clients are responsible for any misuse of Company's services that occurs through the client's account. It is the client's responsibility to ensure that unauthorised persons do not gain access to or misuse WebOnline or its provider Axxess's service.
WebOnline or its provider Axxess urges clients not to reply to unsolicited mail or "spam", not to click on any suggested links provided in the unsolicited mail. Doing so remains the sole responsibility of the client and WebOnline or its provider Axxess cannot be held liable for the client being placed on any bulk mailing lists as a result.
Where the client has authorised a minor to use any of the WebOnline or its provider Axxess's services or access its websites, you accept that as the parent/legal guardian of that minor, you are fully responsible for: the online conduct of such minor; controlling the minor's access to and use of any services or websites; and the consequences of any misuse by the minor, including but not limited to transactions entered into by the minor using such access.
WebOnline or its provider Axxess cannot be held liable for any business dealings you have with any third parties on the Internet, including any vendors, or advertisers found on, or through, the WebOnline or Axxess network. Further, WebOnline or its provider Axxess assumes no responsibility whatsoever for any charges you or any user of your account incurs when making purchases or other transactions in this manner. Further, the responsibility for ensuring compliance with all applicable customs and exchange control laws in connection with any such transactions shall be the client's.
Action following breach of the AUP
Upon receipt of a complaint, or having become aware of an incident, WebOnline or its provider Axxess may take any of the following steps:
- In the case of a network, inform the user's network administrator of the incident and request the network administrator or network owner to deal address the incident in terms of this AUP and the ISPA Code of Conduct;
- In severe cases suspend access of the user's entire network until abuse can be prevented by appropriate means;
- In the case of individual users, warn the user; suspend the user's account and/or revoke or cancel the user's network access privileges completely;
- In all cases, charge the offending parties for administrative costs as well as for machine and human time lost due to the incident;
- Assist other networks or website administrators in investigating credible suspicions of any activity listed in this AUP;
- Institute civil or criminal proceedings;
- Share information concerning the incident with other Internet access providers, or publish the information, and/or make available the users' details to law enforcement agencies
Reservation and Non Waiver of Rights
Axxess reserves the right to amend or alter this policy at any time, and without notice to you.
Axxess reserves the right to take action against any individuals, companies or organizations that violate any of the prohibited activities set out herein, or engage in any illegal or unlawful activity while accessing our services, to the fullest extent of the law.
Axxess reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to act against other types of abuse not listed in this document and to investigate or prevent illegal activities being committed over our network.
Axxess reserves the right to monitor user and network traffic for site security purposes and prevent any unauthorised attempts to tamper with our site or cause damage to our property.
Axxess reserves the right to suspend, revoke or cancel Axxess's services to the client/user if the safety and integrity of Axxess's resources are placed at risk in continuing to provide service to the subscriber/user.
Axxess reserves the right to remove any information or materials in whole or in part, that, in Axxess's sole discretion, is deemed to be offensive, indecent, or otherwise objectionable.
Axxess does not undertake to guarantee the security of any data passing through its networks. Although Axxess will provide a "best effort" service, including regular updates on computer viruses and other threats to security of data, it is the responsibility of the communicating parties to safeguard their data, and Axxess cannot be held liable for any loss or damage arising as result of the failure to do so.
Axxess does not waive its right to enforcement of this AUP at any time, or prejudice its right to take subsequent action, should Axxess fail, neglect or elect not to enforce a breach of the AUP at any time.